When I migrated from IOS to Android a year ago, I loved the change. However, it was a shock to discover that none of the email apps in Google Play Store offered a holistic solution with all the necessary features. One thing that I missed the most was the flexibility to ‘move’ messages from one email account to any folder across other IMAP accounts. This is a standard feature in iPhone’s native email app as well as in all major desktop email clients like eM Client, Thunderbird, Outlook etc. I tried every top-rated mobile email app in Play Store, e.g., K-9, Aqua Mail, CloudMagic, Gmail, Blue Mail, Mail.RU, Mail Wise, SolMail, myMail etc. But surprisingly, all of them turned out to be useless because each one of them had some good features—but not all. Most importantly, none of these apps allows moving messages across different email accounts. I even wrote to some of these app developers, but none of them bothered to look into my requests.
Fortunately, I found MailDroid Pro (INR 590) email app that’s loaded with tons of customizable features, including the option to move emails across different accounts/folders.
Here is a list of some of the features of MailDroid that any serious email App user would surely love to have-
- Beautiful User Interface (UI) with choice of colored themes,
- Supports all well-known IMAP servers, POP3, cloud mail servers, exchange mail client, and all free email services (Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail etc),
- Compose New Email: Rich text formatting, Auto CC/BCC, customized email signature, delivery receipt, priority setting, spell check etc,
- Combined Inbox view,
- Sorting of Inbox by date/sender/flag/subject/unread/read/attachment,
- Grouped/threaded conversations
- Split view for Tab: list of emails on the left and wide email view on the right (option for both Portrait and Landscape),
- Swipe to Delete/Archive/Move,
- Well-placed navigation and action buttons for fast clearance of emails,
- Flexibility to Move messages to any folder across multiple emails accounts,
- Spam Filter (separate monthly subscription) with white/black list as well as the option to auto-move those emails to Junk folder,
- Intuitive user settings for message view, screen size, fonts, notifications (huge customization options – Global Settings as well as Account-specific),
- Mapping of individual app folders to the folders on email server – separate for each email account,
- Password Lock for App (PIN as well as fingerprint)
- It’s one of the few “pure clients”, i.e., it does not store your messages on a secondary server.
- Export/Import Settings: On top of the above, one thing I really loved was this option. First, I set up all my IMAP/Gmail accounts one by one in my phone, and configured each one of them in great detail. After that I exported the settings, and transferred that one small file to my Tab. Then I installed the App in my Tab, imported the settings file – and voila! All my email accounts were up and running on my Tab in seconds—with the same configuration as in my phone. I only changed the landscape view mode to split screen in my Tab.
So, if you are looking for a complete package in your Android email app, look no further! Go for Maildroid Pro.